The cc-TDI Childhood Cancer Nanocourse is a 5 day mini-course divided into two undefined segments – presentations by multidisciplinary expert speakers and discussion forums where experts and course participants engage in continued exploration of a topic. Nanocourse speakers provide historical and basic introductory material that allows participants to understand and appreciate the current state of a disease’s research position in relation to such things as investigational targets, drug development and clinical trial design.
The GOALS of the Nanocourse are to:
- Practice the skill of scientific discussion
- Integrate material from expert presentations into your own knowledge
- Discuss ideas that address important needs and unanswered questions about a disease
- Form an opinion as a group on a direction which inspires you in which you feel research could be directed and that may ultimately improve outcomes
- Identify strategic steps that are necessary to advance your idea, collaborative partnerships required and a communication strategy to share your efforts with the community.
- Complete a group presentation
- Have fun